BASIC BISCUITS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: lenihan5
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 10 biscuits
|2 cups all-purpose flour|
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|½ cup shortening|
|¾ cup cold milk|
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening with fork or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour milk into flour mixture while stirring with a fork. Mix in milk until dough is soft, moist and pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead dough briefly, 5 to 7 times. Roll dough out into a 1/2 inch thick sheet and cut out biscuits with a floured cookie cutter. Press together unused dough and repeat rolling and cutting procedure.
- Place biscuits on ungreased baking sheets and bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Calories 191.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 20.2 g, CholesterolContent 1.5 mg, FatContent 10.9 g, FiberContent 0.7 g, ProteinContent 3.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.8 g, SodiumContent 225 mg, SugarContent 0.9 g