RECETTE MOLLY CAKE CHOCOLAT RECETTES RECIPE
|3 large eggs (approx 180 g) (for the molly cake)|
|300 g sugar (for the molly cake)|
|300 g flour (for the molly cake)|
|300 g 30% fat cream (for the molly cake)|
|11 g baking powder (for the molly cake)|
|Red food coloring (for the molly cake)|
|Yellow food coloring (for the molly cake)|
|225 g dark chocolate (for the ganache)|
|125 g + 375 g 30% fat cream (for the ganache)|
|2,5 teaspoons of honey (12 g) (for the ganache)|
|120 g 30% fat cream (for the. chantilly)|
|60 g mascarpone (for the chantilly)|
|1 tablespoon icing sugar (for the chantilly)|
- 2 days before, make your molly cake.
- Preheat your oven at 150 C/ 300 F degrees.
- Place the eggs and sugar in your food processor bowl and whisk until white and foamy, it should double the volume (it will take a few minutes).
- Add flour and baking powder until you get an homogeneous mixture. Set aside.
- Whipp the cream into chantilly and add it gently to the batter with a spatula.
- Add the food coloring until you get the orange you want.
- Place the baking paper inside your mold and pour the batter. Cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- At the end, leave the cake in the oven turned off after checking if it’s cooked enough with a knife.
- Unmold upside down on a baking paper and let cool down.
- Make the ganache.
- Pour 125 g of cream in a saucepan. Add the honey.
- Heat until it boils. Stop heating immediately.
- Add the chocolate and mix.
- Add the 375 g of cream, mix.
- Place a clingfilm directly on the mixture so that there’s no air remaining.
- Set aside in your fridge for the night.
- The day before, place the bowl and whisk in your freezer for a few minutes.
- When the bowl is cold, pour the cream inside and whisk for a few minutes. You should get a firm and compact ganache. Set aside in your fridge.
- Cut the molly cake in 3 layers (the lower layer of the molly cake will be the upper layer of the layer cake).
- Place the bottom layer on your serving plate. Garnish with ganache.
- Add the second layer, garnish with ganache.
- Finally place the last layer of molly cake, cover with ganache everywhere.
- Make straight sides et edges with a straight spatula. (Place back in the fridge if needed).
- Set aside in your fridge.
- On D day, whisk the cream into chantilly with the mascarpone and icing sugar.
- Add food coloring to your convenience. Pipe the chantilly and add your decor.
- Set aside in your fridge until serving.