PROVENCAL COOKIES – RECETTES DE SHORTBREAD AND BISCUITS PAR CHEF …
Provided by: Chef Sylvain
Total time: 125 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|500 g cake flour|
|200 g caster sugar|
|25 g Orange flower water|
|45 g olive oil|
|1 zeste d'orange|
- To make these Provencal cookies, start break the eggs In a container, and pour the caster sugar. Whip it with a whisk.
- Add the olive oil, the orange blossom flavoured water and the zest of an orange.
- Mix then add the flour by using a wooden spatula.
- Mix with your hands this time, then place the dough on your working area and keep mixing with the palm of your hand to obtain a homogeneous dough.
- Flour your working area, then the dough to obtain a dough ball which is not sticky.
- Wrap the dough with plastic wrap. Leave it to rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour and half.
- Then take two 300g pieces of dough which you will work on to make 10 ‘navettes’ for each piece, then with the leftover which should weigh approximately 240g you will be able to make 8 extra ‘navettes’.
- Lengthen each piece and cut it to have pieces of 30g.
- Take each ‘navette’ that you lenghten to have a length of 8cm or so, then pinch the edges. Place them piece by piece on a baking sheet.
- Add a bit of milk on the Provencal cookies with a brush, then notch the top of each 'navette' with a knife.
- Bake them in an 180°C oven (thermostat 6) for 15 to 20 min while keeping an eye on the baking process. They must not take too much color.
Calories 391 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 73 g, ProteinContent 8 g, FatContent 7 g, SaturatedFatContent 1 g, SodiumContent 17 mg, FiberContent 2 g, SugarContent 25 g, ServingSize 1 serving