BAKE YOUR OWN BLUE MUFFINS
Provided by: ZOE
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
|Plain, all-purpose flour – 1 3/4 cups|
|Baking powder – 1 Tbsp|
|Granulated sugar – 1 cup|
|Sunflower oil – 1/2 cup|
|Water – 1 cup|
|Vanilla extract – 1 tsp|
|Royal blue food dye – ½ tsp|
- Preheat oven to 325F (170C).
- Combine flour, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl and stir to mix.
- In a jug, combine sunflower oil, water and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and pour in wet ingredients.
- Add the blue food dye to the mixture.
- Using a whisk, mix until the wet and dry ingredients are well combined and the blue dye is distributed evenly.
- Pour or scoop 2 ¼oz (65g) of batter into each muffin case (the batter should make roughly 12 muffins).
- Bake for 24-26 mins, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the muffin.
- Set aside to cool for 20 – 30 minutes.
ServingSize 6, Calories