PRALINE AMANDE RECETTES RECIPE
|150 g raw hazelnuts|
|150 g raw almonds|
|200 g caster sugar|
|50 g water|
- Pour the water and sugar in your cocotte.
- When the temperature hits 116 degrees (or whan you have 5-6 mm bubbles), add the almonds and hazelnuts.
- Cook at medium heat while mixing with a wooden spatula for 20 minutes.
- You will coat the dried fruits with sugar. It will get white first (with a sandy texture) then it will caralemize.
- When you get a nice auburn color, stop cooking.
- Pour your almonds and hazelnuts on a silicon mat or a Teflon large plate. Spread them so that they will cool down properly.
- When they have cooled down, place them in your food processor bowl.
- Mix 3 times, wait 5 minutes between each time. You will get a dry powder first. Then a more shiny and oily powder. And finally a smooth praline paste.
GATEAU BABKA RECETTES RECIPE
Provided by: Kasia
Total time: 1 hours 35 minutes
Prep time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
|4 eggs, medium|
|1 stick (4 oz, 115-125 g) butter|
|¾ cup (150 g) sugar|
|1 cup (4.25 oz, 120 g) flour|
|¾ cup (4.25 oz, 120 g) potato flour|
|1 flat tsp baking powder|
|3 tbsp light cream (18-30% fat)|
|Beans of 1/2 vanilla pod; substitute with 1 tsp of vanilla extract|
|grated zest of 1 lemon|
|butter and breadcrumbs, to grease and dust the mold|
|icing / powdered sugar, for sprinkling|
- [Before you start] Make sure that all of the ingredients (especially eggs, butter and cream) get a chance to warm up (at a room temperature), for at least 30 minutes before baking.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites, set aside.
- Whisk butter and sugar together, until sugar dissolves completely and the mass becomes white and fluffy. This took me roughly 8 minutes using a planetary mixer.
- As you continue whisking, gradually add in one yolk at a time. (If you add the yolks too quickly, the mass will curd up. This shouldn’t affect the flavour though). Once you’re out of yolks, change the whisking attachment for a flat beater.
- Sift both flours with baking powder into a separate bowl/container. As you continue mixing, gradually add these dry ingredients into our ‘sugar & egg’ mass.
- Add 3 tablespoons of cream and ground vanilla beans. Mix everything together for 20 minutes with the food processor until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt, until stiff peaks form.
- Add stiff egg whites into the dough, together with grated lemon zest. Combine everything gently by hand, with a spatula or a spoon.
- Grease the bundt mold (or loaf pan) with butter, dust the inside with breadcrumbs or flour. Pour the dough into the mold.
- Bake for 60 minutes at 320ºF (160ºC), without fan-assist. To check if babka is done, poke it with a toothpick. If it comes out dry, that means the cake is ready. If not, check again in 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the mold while the form is still hot (don’t burn yourself though!).
- Once babka cools, sprinkle it generously with icing/powdered sugar. Alternatively, you can make some icing and pour it over the cake.
Calories 226 calories, CarbohydrateContent 38 grams carbohydrates, CholesterolContent 89 milligrams cholesterol, FatContent 6 grams fat, FiberContent 2 grams fiber, ProteinContent 6 grams protein, SaturatedFatContent 3 grams saturated fat, SodiumContent 325 grams sodium, SugarContent 21 grams sugar, TransFatContent 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFatContent 3 grams unsaturated fat
SAUGE HYPERTENSION RECETTES RECIPE
Provided by: Bruce Aidells
Total time: 1 hours 20 minutes
|2 cups thinly sliced onions|
|1 cup thinly sliced and washed leek, white and light green part only|
|4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced|
|3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided|
|2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves|
|¼ teaspoon salt|
|2 1/2-3 pounds bone-in chicken pieces (thighs, drumsticks and/or breasts), skin removed, trimmed (see Tip)|
|¼ cup Dijon mustard|
|2 teaspoons minced shallot|
|1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary|
|1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|¾ teaspoon freshly ground pepper|
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss onions, leek, garlic, 2 tablespoons oil, thyme and salt in a large bowl until the vegetables are well coated. Spread the mixture in a nonreactive 9-by-13-inch baking dish (see Tip). Place the chicken pieces on the vegetables. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Whisk mustard, shallot, rosemary, soy sauce and pepper in a small bowl; gradually whisk in the remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- After 10 minutes, brush the chicken with the mustard glaze. Continue baking until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a leg or breast (without touching bone) registers 165 degrees F, 30 to 45 minutes more. Serve the chicken with the vegetables.
Calories 248.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 7.6 g, CholesterolContent 96.6 mg, FatContent 12.3 g, FiberContent 1.3 g, ProteinContent 25.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.5 g, SodiumContent 341.6 mg, SugarContent 2.9 g